Visibility in Supply Chain
Are you facing the issue of visibility in your supply chain? Do you have to rely on the mercy of the driver giving you the right information of location especially for long hauls? If yes, you are not the only that is facing this issue. Lack of visibility is the major reason why companies are struggling with Supply Chain Automation. A recent study says that only 9% of logistics professionals have complete visibility into their supply chain.
Problems faced due to lack of visibility
Visibility of deliveries, or the lack thereof, is a problem since time immemorial. While there are GPS devices available, it still does not address all the problems of the shippers, especially in the Indian eco-system where the industry is highly fragmented and vendors are plenty with each preferring their own GPS vendor. The problem is further accentuated when market vehicles with no GPS tracking are used for deliveries.
Some of the problems which shippers face due to lack of visibility of long-haul trips could be:
1. Delayed deliveries and hence dis-satisfied customers
2. No check on drivers and hence no control over idle time or route being taken
3. Less control on logistics cost
4. No quantification of transporter/ driver performance
5. Losses in case of perishable items since the right temperatures are not maintained for goods in transit or at the storage location
6. A lot of manual intervention
Are you game for the future?
According to a 2016 PWC report on the future of the logistics industry, “industrial customers have set higher expectations to get shipments faster, in a more flexible manner, and with more transparency”. With competition getting intense by the day and margins dwindling by the minute, shippers are in a fix to stay ahead of the curve. So is lack of visibility in the supply chain a problem with no solution? Do you have to continue leaking money on these problems?
Fortunately, with the latest upgrade to Elixia Tech’s Control Tower, you can have end-to-end visibility of your consignments, till the last mile. With this upgrade, you shall be able to track all sorts of deliveries whether it happens via –
1. Your own vehicles
2. Dedicated fleet from your vendors
3. Market vehicles
But wait…there’s more?
With Elixia Tech’s Supply Chain Control Tower, it is not just about visibility but much more. Some of the benefits one can expect are:
1. Single platform for tracking, regardless of the GPS service provider
2. Better control over logistics and detention costs
3. Lesser idle time and route violations and hence higher percentages of on-time deliveries
4. Reduction of wastage in case of perishable or temperature-sensitive products
5. Transporter/vendor performance management
6. Minimal human intervention in the entire process
With Supply Chain Control Tower, we can integrate multiple dashboards into one single dashboard through API which enables interaction between data, applications, and multiple devices. It doesn’t matter if you have 10s of Logistics Service Providers who in turn have one or more tracking solutions for owned vehicles or use market vehicles in some cases. In the case of market vehicles, we can track the sim card of the driver and provide necessary insights about the shipment such as ETA, route deviation alerts, temperature excursions, etc.
“Elixia Tech’s Control Tower has helped us ensure we have complete visibility of all our deliveries with minimal human intervention, thereby helping us save logistics cost by 20% in previous FY” – Logistics head of an FMCG giant.
To learn more about how Elixia Tech’s Supply Chain Control Tower can help manufacturers & shippers automate their supply chain and gain visibility write to us at email@example.com.